Multiplan’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Multiplan’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- general economic, political, and business conditions in Brazil, especially in the regions in which the Company operates;
- force majeure events;
- the size and growth of the shopping center and real estate markets in Brazil;
- new laws and regulations and/or amendments to the current laws and regulations applicable to the shopping center, real estate and retail industries in Brazil, including those related to the environment and urban zoning;
- interruption of Multiplan’s services;
- inflation and interest or exchange rates fluctuations;
- ability to implement their business strategy and their maintenance investment plan, including the ability to obtain financing on reasonable terms and conditions, if and when necessary, as well as their marketing strategy;
- competition in the shopping center and real estate industries in Brazil, especially in the regions in which they operate;
- ability to follow and implement technological innovations to the Company services;
- changes in the performance of the retail industry in Brazil;
- changes in consumer demand for real estate;
- ability to acquire and develop new real estate projects, with favorable market conditions;
- governmental intervention resulting in changes in the economy, applicable taxes, fees or the regulatory environment in Brazil;
- changes in the strategies and plans of the Company controlling shareholders;
- ability to integrate assets acquired;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors;
- and other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect Multiplan’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS ARE NOT GUARANTEES OF PERFORMANCE.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. Multiplan’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.